Surnames are listed in alphabetical order. Click on the first letter of the name you are researching.
To register a surname you are researching in this area, please forward your information to:
Submissions to the registry should include the following information :
- Surname or Maiden Name : (ex. Adams, Oxley, Smith)
- Given Name : (ex. Hezekiah, Roxanna, William)
- Birth Year : (ex: 1833, Mar. 1878, 02 Jan 1922)
- Death Year : (ex: 1833, Mar. 1878, 02 Jan 1922)
- Location : (town, village or area) (ex: Amherst, Parrsboro, Leicester)
- Your Name & E-mail Address
The purpose for the Cumberland County Genealogical Society Surname Registry and subsequent pages is to allow anyone with ancestral connections to Cumberland County and surrounding area a place to leave a link so others of the same surname may make a connection.
We ask you to leave us with more than just a surname that you are searching, so others may be able to make a connection with specific individuals in a certain time period. Possibly it will cut down on some dead end trails that you have traveled before and lead to a more fulfilling path to your specific family research.
Queries and responses to emails are automatically copied to CCGS Archives.