Participation in the forums with other users is a matter of good practice and courtesy to others. The principal purpose of our forum is to encourage discussion relating to genealogical topics in our region. These discussions are intended to be open and as unfettered as possible.
To that end, we request participants in the forums to follow these basic guidelines as our acceptable use policy:
- You cannot upload or otherwise distribute or publish through the forum any matter or material which is or may be considered abusive, pornographic, illegal, defamatory, obscene or racist or which is designed to cause disruption to any computer systems or network.
- The forum cannot under any circumstances be used for commercial purposes by any participant. The purpose of the forum is simply to facilitate discussion in respect of the subjects that arise. In effect, the forum is intended to be used for that purpose only and accordingly no participant in the forum may post, publish or distribute material containing any advertising, promotion, solicitation of funds or goods and/or services.
- CCGS makes every effort to monitor forum discussions and postings. However, we cannot guarantee that every message posted in the forums is reviewed by us. Accordingly, we cannot be responsible for the content of the postings and messages. We hereby reserve the right to remove, or delete, without notice, postings that in our opinion are abusive, racist, obscene, defamatory, in violation of any intellectual property law, any applicable law, or otherwise unacceptable. Further, we reserve the right to remove the ability of participants to post comments in the event of any breach of these acceptable uses.
- We will enforce appropriate sanctions against any of our forum users who are responsible for abuse of the forum. Such sanctions may include, but are not limited to a formal warning, and/or suspension of access to the forums, or termination of any registration of the user with our site.
- Any user who is engaged in posting public messages or spamming (posting the same message in multiple topics or otherwise disrupting the forums) shall be in breach of this acceptable use policy. Such behaviour is unacceptable for any participant of this forum and may result in the user losing their ability to post and participate in the forum.
- We have the right to prohibit any users who violate this acceptable use policy from participating in discussions.
- You acknowledge that you remain solely responsible for the content of your messages.
- We accept no responsibility for loss of data, information in any form or other matters whatsoever which result from the use of the forum.
By participating in the forum you represent that you have read, accept and are bound by this policy.